Monday, February 15, 2010

Week 3 and New Goal Subjects for March!


So by now, I have nearly bored myself with this blog already. Partly because I'm not sure of all the ideas I have for it, and mostly because there are no readers. It's beyond me how someone attains so many readers of their blog unless readers simply stumble upon it. Do you market a blog? If so, how? I'd love to have more ideas on this as well as make my goals inspiring to the next person.

As for my update on spending, I put all my receipts together and actually made a spreadsheet to break down what I buy. Peanut butter, sadly, is its own category. So far this month, I have spent a total of $54.26. Not bad! That also includes toiletries, over the counter medicine, paper plates, etc. I even included food and wine that I bought as gifts. Apparently my goal of $100 will not be so challenging after all. Buying for one isn't so bad!

Here are a few future goals that I'd like to try. I might do a weekly goal, a monthly goal, etc. And they won't always have to do with food or money!

  • Eat vegetarian for 2 weeks.
  • No sweets for a week. (You don't understand how much I give in to sweets. I work for Kraft and can have basically any Nabisco product any day of the week. Oreos and Fig Newtons are the most tempting! And the holidays brought out ALL my temptations and I didn't hold back one bit.)
  • Hit 4 workouts a week for a month.
  • Run 15 miles a week for a month.
  • Train for a 10K.
  • Cook 1 new recipe a week for 4 weeks.
  • Cook 1 new recipe a week for 4 weeks, but they all must be ethnic foods.
  • Groceries in under $80 a month.
  • Don't buy anything other than food/toiletries for a month.
Some goals may overlap. Some goals may become lifestyle changes. Some goals may be impossible to achieve with my work schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment